- 01767 448121
Grado SR225e Prestige Headphones
- Tranducer type: dynamic
- Operating principle: open air
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 22KHz
- Impedence: 32 Ohms
Grado’s Third Generation, The New ‘e’ Series.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
Let your spouse know you honor fidelity… give them a pair of Grado SR225e headphones to enjoy their favorite music the way it was meant to be heard. Our traditional open-back design features enhanced airflow through the rear metal grill, and reproduction that is the definition of high fidelity, with crystal clear spatial placement. Allow yourself to experience true intimacy with your favorite artists.
This headphone has sizable rear air flow through a metal screen, while utilizing Grado's larger ear cushion and closely matched drivers. The result is a broad soundstage free from colorations. The way the SR225e's new driver, cable and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations is virtually unaffected by transient distortions. Bass, midrange and treble are all more wide open and you will enjoy the fine tonal spread and balance. The SR225e will produce a sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
In the box:
- Grado story-sheet
- 6.5mm Golden Adapter
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open Air
- Frequency Response: 20 - 22,000 hz
- SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB
- Normal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Driver Matched dB: .05 dB