- 01767 448121
Grado RS2e Reference Headphones
- Tranducer type: dynamic
- Operating principle: open air
- Frequency response: 14Hz – 28KHz
- Impedence: 32 Ohms
Grado’s Third Generation, The New ‘e’ Series.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones. Grado RS2e are hand-crafted from select Mahogany tone-woods, like a fine musical instrument. Our exclusive Series E curing process enhances the natural properties of the wood to produce rich, full-bodied vocals in a light-weight form factor. Put on Brian Eno’s 'Another Green World', close you eyes and dream as if you’ll live forever.
The RS2e is the little brother of the RS1e but is just as aesthetically pleasing, now utilizing our proprietary curing process that gives a new, lighter look. The RS2e has a 44mm driver and uses The e Series 8 conductor cable design. The hand-crafted mahogany utilizes new advanced damping treatments that help control and dissipate resonances.The RS2e still maintains an overall sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end. These truly are an audiophiles dream.
- Warranty, Grado story-sheet
- 6.5mm Golden Adapter
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open Air
- Frequency Response: 14 - 28,000 hz
- SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB
- Normal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Driver Matched dB: .05 dB