- 01767 448121
Grado RS1e Reference Headphones
- Tranducer type: dynamic
- Operating principle: open air
- Frequency response: 12Hz – 30KHz
- Impedence: 32 Ohms
Grado’s Third Generation, The New ‘e’ Series.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
Ever wondered what hardcore audiophiles are hearing, and that you might be missing? The Grado RS1e is the point of no return so be warned, cross this threshold and you’ll never enjoy mass-market headphones again. Once you’ve experienced this elegant audio masterpiece you’ll grasp the reference.
The new RS1e from Grado uses a different species of handcrafted mahogany from our previous models. The earpieces utilize an intricate curing process that optimizes the tonal quality while giving them a new look. The RS1e places a 50mm dynamic transducer and an 8 conductor cable design in an open-air configuration. The result is a smooth, controlled, and coherent sound with detailed dynamics. Frequency response ranges from 12-30 kHz and the drivers are matched to 0.05dB. Weighing 9oz, the headphones are an example of the wonders of Mother Nature with a gorgeous light mahogany look. The RS1e is a masterpiece in the Grado collection.
- Grado story-sheet
- 6.5mm Golden Adapter
- Extension cable
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open Air
- Frequency Response: 12 - 30,000 hz
- SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB
- Normal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Driver Matched dB: .05 dB