- 01767 448121
Grado PS1000e Professional Headphones
- Tranducer type: dynamic
- Operating principle: open air
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 50KHz
- Impedence: 32 Ohms
Grado’s Third Generation, The New ‘e’ Series.
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in our Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of our products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Our headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did we improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing our select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in The e Series headphones here it is: they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance.
By using tone-wood clad with metal alloy we’ve obliterated two of the most vexing issues in headphone design: ringing in the chamber, and transient distortion. This gives audio professionals the security of consistent response throughout the frequency range. Did we mention they look awesome? You could pay more for headphones, but you can’t afford anything less.
This hybrid design has an inner sleeve of hand-crafted mahogany made by using the new series 'e' curing process. Its outer housing, machined from aluminum then chrome-plated, utilizes a special processing and casting method to increase the porosity of the alloy. This combination of wood and metal insures that the earphone chamber has no 'ringing' which might obscure detail or add coloration. The way the wood and metal housing moves air and reacts to sound vibrations is virtually unaffected by transient distortions. Grado has also designed the cable for the PS1000e; the twelve-conductor cable design uses UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity, Long Crystal) copper, improves control and stability of the total range of the frequency spectrum. The PS1000e also has a new 50mm driver and a newly re-configured voice coil and diaphragm design, resulting in unsurpassed speed and accuracy responses.
The cushion design creates the correct balance between the driver and housing to support the desired musicality. The cushion design also makes the PS1000e one of the most comfortable headphones in the world. Grado has taken all of our knowledge and over 60 years of experience in controlling resonances and eliminating distortions, and put them into our finest headphone ever, the PS1000e. Grado is unbelievably proud of this flagship product… listen and enjoy.
- Grado story-sheet
- 3.5mm mini adapter
- extension cable
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open Air
- Frequency Response: 5 - 50,000 hz
- SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB
- Normal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Driver Matched dB: .05 dB